LEGAL NOTICE OF PROPERTY OWNERSHIP TODAY
This notice is in 5 sections, namely:
C. CONDITIONS OF USE
D. NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT
1. This website belongs to Dalton Barrett and is operated solely and only in his capacity as a property blogger, vlogger, podcaster, broadcaster, author and coach and similar roles. It is not operated in his capacity as a lawyer.
2. The name of the website is “Property Ownership Today” (“POT”) or such other name as it may take from time to time as stated on the Home Page. POT is also the name of a property service provided by Dalton Barrett away from this website in various forms.
3. In his capacity as a property blogger, vlogger, podcaster, broadcaster, author and coach and similar roles, Dalton Barrett operates under the name or style “Rebel Property Coach” or “The Rebel Property Coach” (“RPC”).
4. RPC shall operate POT and shall (with other contributors from time to time) provide content for POT.
5. The purpose of POT is to provide information about property in any form, in any forum or on any platform, social media or otherwise.
6. The content of this website and its blogs or contributions on social media or elsewhere DO NOT constitute advice.
7. PWT, RPC and PWT content contributors only provide advice where formally retained in writing to do so by an accepted client based on an agreement binding only when terms & conditions are accepted and fees (if any) are paid.
8. References to “RPC” hereafter includes “PWT” and “RPC”.
1. The entire content of this website, direct and indirect, including all books, reports, blogs, newsletters and other written, spoken or visual information, is provided for informational purposes only. No representation as to its accuracy, usefulness, validity, suitability or completeness is intended.
2. Persons using the content of this website do so entirely at their own risk without any entitlement to claim for any loss or damage they may suffer. All liability to all persons acting or not acting on the content is denied and the owner of the site or any other person shall not in any circumstances be responsible for any display or use of the content or any error or omission it may contain.
3. The content is not advice, legal or otherwise, to be relied upon by any person. Where you require advice to rely on, you must consult a suitable expert, advising them of your own unique factual circumstances and paying their charges, if any.
C. CONDITIONS OF USE
1. All information (of whatever form) included in our website is intended for information purposes only and does not constitute or is intended to constitute legal advice which can be relied on in any way without independent verification by the user consulting a suitable expert. Users are hereby informed and put on notice that they should take appropriate steps to verify all information contained in this site. No user should act or refrain from acting on the information contained in this website without first verifying the information and as necessary obtaining legal and/or other professional/expert advice.
2. We make no representations or warranties whatsoever as to the accuracy of the information contained in this website.
3. No contractual or other obligation involving legal duties or rights shall arise in relation to any person’s use of this website. No user of this website shall be entitled to bring any complaint, claim, action or proceeding or take any other step or action involving the need for time input on our behalf or any of our staff. Users use this website on the understanding that they cannot and/or will not claim in relation to any information of any kind contained in this website or any third website to which it is linked.
4. We expressly disclaim all and any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned from the use or inability to use this website whether directly or indirectly resulting from inaccuracies, defects, errors, whether typographical or otherwise, omissions, out of date information or otherwise, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable and we have been more than once advised in writing/warned/notified or otherwise put on notice of the possibility of the same.
5. Consequential and indirect loss and damage shall include but not be limited to loss of profits, loss of goodwill, and wasted expenditure of any kind.
6. The user agrees that material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of this website is obtained entirely at the user’s own risk and that the user will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data, even if such loss and damage was reasonably foreseeable and we had been advised of the possibility of the same.
7. We do not accept any liability in connection with any third party websites that can be accessed through this website and we do not endorse or approve the contents of any such site. In no circumstances whatsoever shall we be liable for any mistake, error, omission, wrongdoing, crime, negligence or other fault or culpability on the part of or in respect of any third party website or any person, officer, goods, services, products or information in connection thereto. No representations are made as to the accuracy of any information contained in this website or any third party website linked to this site and we shall not in any circumstances incur any liability from the user’s reliance upon any information.
8. No liability shall ever arise in relation to any person living outside the UK or not resident in the UK.
9. If any provision of these Conditions of Use or the Notice of Copyright is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain in full force and effect.
10. Our omission to exercise any right under these Conditions of Use or the Notice of Copyright shall not constitute a waiver of any such right unless expressly accepted by us in writing.
11. These Conditions of Use and the Notice of Copyright shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and we and the user agree to submit any dispute arising out of the use of this website to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
D. NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT
1. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this website is owned by us, or we have or reasonably believe we have the authority to use the same.
2. You may print or download to a personal computer extracts amounting to no more than 5 pages of a blog, report or newsletter of RPC on this site for personal use providing that (i) our website is the acknowledged source including the reference: firstname.lastname@example.org and (ii) this permission may be revoked at any time by us. Further you shall not transfer any part of this site to a third party.
3. Permanent copying and/or storage of the whole or any part of this website or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited and any breach therefore will lead to proceedings by us.
4. Except where expressly stated, copyright in the photographs or pictures contained in this website is owned by us or belongs to another person but we have been authorised or have reason to believe that we have been authorised to use the same expressly or impliedly. You should not use any of the photographs or pictures contained in this website or any graphic without first writing to us to establish the ownership of the copyright and thereafter shall only use the photograph, picture or graphic if you have our prior written permission, or the prior written permission of the person or party which has ownership, to do so.
5. If you wish to use any information contained in this website for business purposes we may be willing to allow you to do so for a fee and subject to terms. Contact email@example.com to consider the options. We will take proceedings in respect of any breach of our copyright and have a policy to claim the maximum damages in every case.
1. This document read together with our Conditions of Use sets out how personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us with, will be processed.
4. We use best endeavours to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or from the website. Any transmission is entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use our best endeavours to prevent unauthorised access.
5. The Act gives you the right to access details that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. A small fee may be payable in respect of any access request.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org heading your email: “IMPORTANT – DATA PROTECTION REQUEST”
6. If you register to use the website or to receive the services of the website and receive a password, you are responsible for protecting your password and username and must not share them with or disclose them to any person. When you register, or at other times when you use the website, we may collect basic information about you including information to enable us to identify you and the services we may able to provide to you. You may also provide us with information when you contact us at other times.
7. We may, but not so as to knowingly breach any of our office rules : (a) use the information held about you to ensure that the content of our website is appropriate, up to date, useful or effective, (b) use the information ourselves or via an agent or third party to provide you with information, products or services you request or we consider may be of interest to you, or to enable you to benefit in our opinion from our website or our services, or to inform you of changes to our website or services; (c) use your data for the purposes of advertising, marketing and public relations, so as to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, text, post or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email: email@example.com
8. Where you have provided us with information and wish to change the information we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you wish to unsubscribe to any service we offer, follow any instructions to do so on the website or alternatively contact us at email@example.com With your consent, we may pass on any information to a third party for consideration or value for the purpose of providing you with information or service we consider may be of interest to you.
9. When you visit this website, we may issue a “cookie” to your computer. This is a small program containing a unique code that allows us to identify your computer. The cookie is used to note the different areas of our website service which have recently been accessed through your computer.
Information collected in this way is used to develop and manage our online services by, for example, storing information about your preferences, so as to enable us to customise the website according to your individual interests. The cookie alone contains no information which can identify you personally. However, when you register on the website, the cookie will be combined with the personal information that you have provided as part of your subscription or registration. If you wish, you are able to set up your computer to refuse to accept cookies. However, if you do so, you may be unable to access certain parts of the website.
10. In accordance with data protection rules applicable to us, please note the following:
(a) We will only retain your personal data – name, address, email and the like where you have specifically authorised us to do so expressly or impliedly in all the circumstances;
(b) You can at any point by email to firstname.lastname@example.org ask us to delete your personal data in our possession
(c) We will delete your personal data as soon as reasonably possible in the circumstances where you have asked us to delete your personal or any information we are holding for you
(d) Where we retain your data we may use it to provide you with information, including marketing information, we think may be of use or interest to you
(e) We will not pass your personal data to a third party without your consent
(f) Where we consider it is no longer appropriate to retain your personal data or information, we will delete your personal data or other information from our computer, systems or files
(g) If you receive emails or other forms of communication from us which you would prefer not to receive you can inform us at email@example.com requesting that we delete your data if you so wish.
(h) If we stop operating we will delete your personal data within 28 days of doing so unless you expressly consent to us passing it to any other person or business.
11. We may capture your credit/debit card details if you choose to use our shop or purchase any item from us online and we will follow industry standard procedures to maintain the safety of your details throughout depending on the mode or method of payment.
13. By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out above. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org